PDS Job Description
Employment & Community Support Facilitator
Full time staff work with participants between the hours of 8:00 AM and 3:15 PM, Monday through Friday and attend a weekly staff meeting on Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00 PM at our office in San Anselmo.
Generally PDS staff members are only present with participants for 7 hours and 15 minutes per day but they are paid for 8 hours to compensate for prep time (25 minutes per day) and break time (20 minute per day). Because of the staff meeting, staff members are paid overtime on Tuesdays and end up working 41 hours a week (with that extra hour at time and a half).
Experience: You don't have to be experienced in this field to do this job. We prefer some kind of relevant human service experience (i.e. babysitting, working with kids or the elderly) but we always provide 2 weeks of training to every new hire.
Expectations: Must demonstrate warmth, patience, stamina, a good work ethic, compassion, sense of humor, a desire to help others, commitment to the values and individuals of PDS, and enthusiasm for our mission. Because we invest so much in new employees we expect a one-year commitment and one months notice from full time employees.
Non-negotiable: Must be 21 years of age, and possess California Driver's License, car in good working order (preferably less than 10 years old) a smart phone, ability to make it to work on time by 8:00 AM and stay until 3:15 PM on weekdays (and 3:30 PM-5:00 PM on Tuesdays). No DUIs within 5 years. There is a lot of driving involved in this job and we do not compensate for bridge toll. If you live further than 20 miles from Marin, this is not the job for you.
Taxable Wages: $16.00 hourly/ $128.00 daily/ $2,877.33 monthly/$34,528.00 annually
Auto Stipend: $22.48 daily/$487.07 monthly/$5,844.80 annually
Meal Stipend: $13.00 daily/$281.67 monthly/$3,380.00 annually
Cell Phone Reimbursement: $4.65 daily/$100.75 monthly/ $1,209.00 annually
Total Non-Taxable Compensation: $40.13 daily/$869.48 monthly/$10,433.80 annually
Total Taxable + Non-Taxable Compensation: $168.13 daily/$3,746.82 monthly/$44,961.80 annually
*Amounts quoted are averages based on employees who work 8 hours a day, 5 days per week. Averages are based upon varying workdays per pay period/per month. Monthly and annual taxable wage averages include overtime pay for Tuesday staff meetings.
At least 20 paid holidays and paid vacation days in first year for full time employees (prorated for part-timers). Delta Dental and AAA roadside membership, and some oil changes will be reimbursed. We do offer medical benefits but do not pay anything toward the cost. Therefore we recommend health benefits through Covered California because if you qualify, you can get lower cost health insurance through the exchange.
Instructions for applying:
Your responses to this ad will not go into an abyss. We read and respond to every thoughtfully written email we receive. WE WILL NOT RESPOND TO RANDOMLY SENT EMAILS/RESUMES. Your chances of being asked to interview are greatly increased if it’s evident that you have reviewed our website first.
Please go to www.pdsmarin.org to do your homework.
PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THESE QUESTIONS AND ANSWER IN THE BODY OF AN EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Tell us about yourself and why you are interested in the job. (You can be as detailed as you like here)
2. Where do you live? (First pickups at 8 AM are anywhere from Marin City to Novato in Marin County.)
3. Do you have a car in good working order with 4 seatbelts (inc. driver)? What year/make is the car?
4. Do you have a smart phone?
5. Any DUI's or driver's license suspensions?
6. What do you do for work now? If you are unemployed, why/how?
7. Are you able to work Monday thru Friday from 8 AM to 3:15 PM with staff meetings on Tuesdays from 3:30 PM -5:00 PM? (Hours are not negotiable)
8. Are you sure the salary meets your needs? (Salary is not negotiable.)
9. If you plan to work a second job in addition to this position, what would that job be?
10. Tell us about any special skills or interests you have that you might be able to share with our clients.
11. Do you like dogs? Any dog walking experience?