PDS Job Description
Employment & Community Support Facilitator
Staff work with clients between the hours of 8:00 AM and 3:15 PM, Monday through Friday and attend a weekly staff meeting on Tuesdays from 3:30 to 5:00 PM at our office in San Anselmo. Part timers work fewer days per week.
Generally PDS staff members are only present with clients for 7 hours and 15 minutes per day but they are paid for 8 hours to compensate for prep time (25 minutes per day) and break time (20 minute per day). Because of the staff meeting, staff members are paid overtime on Tuesdays and end up working 41 hours a week (with that extra hour at time and a half).
Experience: You don't have to be experienced in this field to do this job. We prefer some kind of relevant human service experience (i.e. babysitting, working with kids or the elderly) but we always provide 2 weeks of training to every new hire.
Expectations: Must demonstrate warmth, patience, stamina, a good work ethic, compassion, sense of humor, a desire to help others, commitment to the values and clients of PDS, and enthusiasm for our mission. Because we invest so much in new employees we expect a one-year commitment and one months notice from full time employees.
Non-negotiable: Must be 21 years of age, and possess California Driver's License, car in good working order with four seatbelts (total), ability to make it to work by 8:00 AM and stay until 3:15 PM on weekdays (and 3:30 PM-5:00 PM on Tuesdays). No felony convictions or DUIs. There is a lot of driving involved in this job. We do not recommend this position if you live further than 20 miles from Marin, and we do not compensate for bridge toll.
If you are interested in applying for a job with PDS, please send us your resume with an email.
We read and respond to every thoughtfully written email we receive. WE WILL NOT RESPOND TO RANDOMLY SENT EMAILS/RESUMES.
PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THESE QUESTIONS AND ANSWER IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL:
1. Tell us about yourself and why you are interested in the job. (You can be as detailed as you like here)
2. Where do you live?
3. Do you have a car in good working order with 4 seatbelts (inc. driver)? What year/make is the car?
4. Any felony convictions?
5. Any DUI's or driver's license suspensions?
6. What do you do for work now? If you are unemployed, why/how?
7. Are you able to work between 8 AM and 3 PM with staff meetings on Tuesdays from 3:30 PM -5:00 PM? (Hours are not negotiable)
8. Are you sure the salary meets your needs? (Salary is not negotiable.)
9. Do prefer to work part time or full time?
10. What would be your ideal schedule (number of days per week and which days)?
11. If you are interested in part time, would you be available on call for substituting? (If not, no problem)
12. If you plan to work a second job in addition to this position, what would that job be?
13. Tell us about any special skills or interests you have that you might be able to share with our clients.
14. Do you like dogs? Have you ever owned a dog as an adult?